Sunday 25 November 2012

Being all scrimpy and creative

I made my own washing powder/gloop this weekend. I followed the mixture from Claire's blog who is on Channel 4's programme Superscrimpers. I decided to give it a go, it doesn't look exactly like Claire's and is more of a solid mass but other people seem to have that too. I washed towels with it but couldn't smell the essential oils I had put in so may I need more gloop in it.

On Saturday we had a friend over for dinner, made a lovely roast chicken (which is now currently entering the land of chicken stew) and I made earl grey cupcakes afterwards. I got the recipe from Primrose Bakery via another great blog and it makes tasty cakes. I added an extra tea bag to the milk and I think it really makes more like 16/18 cupcakes. Mine were definitely over filled but still tasted nice!


Wahey! cupcake and mug of knowledge

Poor sickly basil plant :(


Had a bit of a whoopsie with the piping bag, it basically split. That's what you get for buying a piping set from poundland... the icing was also rubbish I ran out of icing sugar...snowflakes make everything look alright in the end.

Last weekend we went "climbing". I say it in inverted commas due to the lack of climbing I did! Definitely not a cold person climber! Hands and feet were numb from the start so I decided to watch and take some videos. Nice little coffee van in the car park was also discovered so not entirely a waste of time!


Timolo climbing something horizontal and hard



This is the river outside the flat. I'm quite glad we're not on the ground floor and have a floor barrier between us and the river.We're not even in a flooding area.

Glad this is not my building

No comments:

Post a Comment