Monday 30 January 2012

Timing is Everything

It is a really awesome bike.  


Need to get better at this blogging business. Will update more often! I kept thinking I should do it then I procrastinated for so long I started to avoid it.

Anyway, since Boxing Day I have:

1) Bought a bike


So pretty :)
It isn't entirely the same as this one, since mine is the girls version so the frame is a girly one and  colours are slightly different. It's still white though and awesome! Apparently it had just sat in someone's garage for 20 years or so. It has original tyres and its so fast! I went for a bike ride Belfast-Lisburn and back the other weekend. Really good, need to work on changing gears as theyre on the frame and a little stiff. Almost fell off the first time I tried to change them.



2) Ordered myself a bike helmet, lights and a pair of warm reflective gloves.

 


Now I can finally ride to Timolo's house in the evening. It definitely has started to get darker later on though. Botanic Gardens now shut at 5pm instead of half 4. Really excited :)  The helmet is brilliant. It's a climbing/cycling helmet which feels lovely and light. Really like the design on the top as well, I shall be the coolest biker around with my hi-vis and helmet gear!

3) I started driving lessons!!

Finally. It's actually very very exciting and I know I must seem excited a lot (no jokes please) but it really is epic. This morning I went 35mph and drove on my first round about. Makes me happy! My instructor is very nice as well. He never gets annoyed even when I make the same mistake a few times. Recommended so far. His name is Gary Wilson. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gary-Wilson-School-of-Motoring/273836986301

It's helping me get to used cycling on the road as well as I'm learning how drivers think. I get quite nervous cycling on the road atm, always assuming someone is not going to see me which is probably a valid worry.

Ah well, that's about it. I mean I had exams but I'd rather not chat about them! Experiments aren't working in the lab but I'm sure they will soon... Started lectures again today, looking forward to getting stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment